Fortescue is now consistently producing more than 170 million tonnes of iron ore per year and has an exciting future ahead, establishing itself for future growth in a global market through innovation, product diversification and asset development.
Title: Mining Engineer Projects and Geotechnical
Work location: Christmas Creek
We are currently seeking highly motivated Mining Professional to join our operations. Reporting to the Mine Planning Superintendent, you will be responsible for providing detailed design and scheduling support to the three month planning team, including a geotechnical focus, to set standards in timely manner.
- Deliver operational pit designs and related infrastructure designs for 3 month schedules and daily site operation(s) in order to optimise the associated resources and maximise the value of the mining business with focus on infrastructure and development works
- Develop plans and schedulesfor infrastructure and development works - liaising and coordinating across the planning horizons
- Work with the Geotechnical Engineer in undertaking geotechnical data collection, validation, analysis, interpretation and reporting
- Conduct regular geotechnical inspections of working areas and prepare geotechnical hazard maps
- Liaise with 2 week and daily planning teams, production team and geotechnical engineers
- Must be capable of understanding design standards, procedures and mine physicals
- Haulage scheduling, optimisation, waste dump designs and schedules
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
- Relevant experience gained as a mining professional with planning and design experience
- Bachelors degree in Mining Engineering or similar
- Previous exposure to Geotechnical aspects of mining desirable, support and training to be provided as applicable
- Practical approach to engineering and design problems
- Knowledge in open pit mining preferably in iron ore and surface mining
- Short to medium term planning and scheduling and mine design knowledge
- Computer proficiency (Excel, MS Office, Vulcan)
- Strong analytical skills
- Team orientation and strong ability to take initiatives
Our values drive our culture and performance through a strong focus on safety, family and determination. We celebrate and respect peoples differences and commit to providing an inclusive work environment. This is an exciting time to join Fortescue.
We encourage Aboriginal Australians and female candidates to apply.
Login & Apply