Contracts Specialist long term role
- CBD Location
- Could lead to permanent role
- Varied Portfolio of Construction and Asset Maintenance
Contract Specialist - Construction & Maintenance - Long Term Perth Based Work
This global mining giant is seeking a Contract Specialist to join their asset maintenance team.
This is a strategic role which will require you to lead the procurement strategy for a number of packages. These will vary in nature and value from civils, electrical and mechanical each worth around $50m mark. You will work with closely key stakeholders to ensure optimal selection of contractors and to manage the delivery of outcomes to support the companys contract requirements.
- Act as the subject matter expert and primary contact for commercial/contract matters.
- Provide advice to the contract owners on contract strategy, pre-qualification, tendering and administration and close out of contracts, in accordance with established policies.
- Review and manage contractor performance in compliance with the contract, and assist with compliance with operational requirements.
- Ensure procurement and contracting policies are adhered to, business deadlines are met, whilst conforming to best practice.
- Recommend Contract Strategies and conduct negotiations for contracts. Simultaneously manage contracts of operational and strategic impact and complexity which exceeds that of standard.
- Maintain close liaison with appropriate members of Engineering and Project Management functions, functional advisors and other company groups.
- Optimise cost/value of the Contract with minimal risks to Company, and at all times in accordance with Companys Supply Chain Policy and Management Standards
- Lead tender activities including the sourcing of contractors, drafting of commercial documents, issue of tender documentation, witnessing of tender opening, disseminate to applicable personnel for technical evaluation, carry out commercial and legal evaluation, with functional input, where required.
- Carry out negotiations with contractors to secure the preferred outcomes, based on the best overall value to the Company.
- Prepare and execute contract documents, including the preparation of internal approval documentation, as required.
- Assist the functions with the identification and management of contractual risk including of complex and multiple, tasks and activities within tight timeframes, while ensuring that the risks to the company are recognised and managed appropriately.
Essential selection criteria:
- Extensive knowledge of contracting principles, theories and concepts.
- Strong contract formation & negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of and experience with various types of contracts, construction or legal disciplines, with extensive experience with engineering, or project contracts.
- Strong contractor management and contracts administration knowledge and experience.
- Tertiary degree qualification or similar in an appropriate field.
Reference Number: 2274000
To apply please click
the Apply button below.
Login & Apply