About the role The Assistant Director of OSHC position encompasses the Educational Leader role for the OSHC and Vacation Care program, working in collaboration with the Director and staffing team. This position will also directly support the Director of OSHC in all aspects of operating the programs. Responsibilities this position includes:
- Overseeing the program in consultation with the Educational leader, staff, children, families and the community following theMy Time, Our Place Learning Framework
- Developing and preparing weekly meal/snack plans keeping in mind relevant dietary guidelines, as well as individual health care plans of the children in care
- Providing general supervision and leadership for all employees within the service
- Encouraging the children and families of the OSHC / Vacation Care to contribute to the qualityand success of the Service
- With the Director, or in the temporary absence of the Director, responsible for the welfare of children and staff in emergency situations ensuring all statutory and compliance issues are complied with
- Upholding the philosophy, policies and procedures of the Service
- Working effectively with others
- With the Director ensure the service meets the requirements of the National Quality Framework (NQF) under the Education and Care Services National Law and the Education and Care Services National Regulations.
The successful candidate will:
- Have relevant, up to date clearances such as the DCSI, First Aid, RAN. Additionally, the successful candidate will have Asthma and Anaphylaxis training.
- Knowledge and understanding of the My Time, Our Place Learning Framework and the programming cycle.
- Experience and/or training in administration and management desirable
- Experience in the education and care sector with demonstrated ability to lead a team
- Excellent communication skills
Closing date for applications: Monday 17th June 2019, 5.00pm. Please email email@example.com for the full job and persons specifications. Report this job advert
Login & Apply